1. I agree to make my monthly and/or daily tuition payments promptly. If my tuition payment is not received by MAC by the 10th of the month, a $30.00 late fee will be added to my bill. If my bill has not been paid for an extended time, my child will risk being discharged from the program.
2. I understand that if my check is returned for any reason, a fee of $30.00 will be added to my bill. If this occurs again, I will be responsible for paying my bill in cash only.
3. I understand that the June deposit is non-refundable.
4. I agree to have my child(ren) receive snacks during the program provided by MAC staff unless my child(ren) has brought snacks from home.
5. I understand that if the Malverne District Schools are closed, MAC will be closed as well. If the Malverne School District are on a delayed opening, the Morning MAC Program will automatically be closed.
6. I understand that MAC has the right to call the contact numbers I provided and arrange for myself or someone to pick up my child(ren) who appears to be ill, show signs of a contagious illness, or if MAC has to close early due to an emergency or inclement weather.
7. I understand that I must notify the MAC office (516-887-7267) if my child(ren) will no longer attend the MAC Program.
8. I understand that under no circumstances that my child(ren) be released to anyone without authorization from the parent/guardian and proper identification will be expected.
9. I understand that I am responsible for picking up my child(ren) no later than 6:30 PM or I must designate someone else to do so. I understand that I must call the MAC office if I will be later than 6:30 PM. If I am late, I will be billed $30.00 every fifteen minutes passed 6:30 PM. MAC staff will call emergency contact numbers I provided to pick up my child if I cannot be reached.
10. I understand that if I am using DSS childcare assistance, I am responsible for the parent portion of the fee. I further understand that if I fail to make parent fees, childcare services will be terminated and MAC may pursue payment through the legal system and notify the Department of Social Services of my failure to make payment.
11. I further understand that if I break this agreement, childcare services will be terminated and the Malverne Afterschool Center will pursue payment through the court system or through a collection agency.
MAC Safety Guidelines
All employees will wear a face mask and maintain a distance of at least 6 ft. at all times, unless safety of the core activity requires a shorter distance (e.g. jointly responding to the needs of a child).
Group size are limited to no more than 10 children (not including employees/staff).
MAC staff will stay with the same children (group) throughout the day.
Workspace areas are limited to 4 students per table.
Designated area for pick up will be away from the program areas to limit contact from the outside.
Parents and/or staff must keep a 6 ft distance during pick up or while discussing their child’s progress.
There will be no congregating and speaking with other parents while waiting to pick up their child. Once they pick up their child, they must exit the premise to ensure the safety of the program.
Parents are not allowed in the program areas due to outside contamination.
MAC will provide employees with an acceptable face covering at no-cost to the employees and have an adequate supply of coverings in case of need for replacement.
Acceptable face coverings include but are not limited to cloth (e.g. homemade sewn, quick cut, bandana) or surgical masks.
There will be no sharing of face coverings.
MAC will limit the sharing of objects (e.g. electronic equipment, arts and crafts materials, touch screens) and discourage touching of shared surfaces; or, when in contact with shared objects or frequently touched areas, require employees to wear gloves (trade-appropriate or medical); or, require employees and students to practice hand hygiene before and after contact.
Students are required to a wear mask unless when eating or taking a designated mask break.
Staff are required to wear masks and gloves when serving snacks to students.
Child Care Activities
For sport and athletic activities: Activities will be focused on little or no physical contact; Sports that involve less physical closeness over those that are close-contact or involve shared equipment; Activities that are lower risk such as skill-building and conditioning; There will be cleaning and disinfection protocols on equipment used
For snack services: Individual portions will be served to children; Groups of children will be separated; Snack times will be staggered to reduce occupancy/congregation; Tables with be at least 6 ft. apart
Hygiene, Cleaning, and Disinfection
Hand hygiene stations will be provided in each room such as: hand washing with soap, running warm water, and disposable paper towels; alcohol-based hand sanitizer containing 60% or more alcohol for areas where hand washing is not available/practical.
Hand sanitizer will be available throughout common areas on site.
Employees/staff and students must perform hand hygiene immediately upon entering the program.
Appropriate cleaning/disinfection supplies will be used by staff on shared and frequently touched surfaces (e.g. door handles, toys, art supplies, areas where children eat).
School bus will also be sanitized multiple times throughout the day.
Staff will be trained on how to support children’s development of good public health behaviors and social interaction practices in congregate settings to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
The Supervisor or Director will be responsible for responding to COVID-19 concerns from parents/guardians.
Staff are instructed to stay home if they are sick.
Parents/guardians are required to keep their sick child home.
Mandatory health screening assessment is implemented (e.g. questionnaire, temperature check) for employees, visitors, and children, either directly or through their parent/guardian.
Screening will ask about (1) COVID-19 symptoms in past 14 days, (2) positive COVID-19 test in past 14 days, and/or (3) close or proximate contact with confirmed or suspected COVID-19 case in past 14 days. Responses are reviewed and documented daily.
Each staff and student will be given a temperature check as part of our daily wellness check.
Children who are not feeling well will be put in a designated area that is separate from the rest of the program monitored by a staff member.